Monday, August 31, 2015

Ready For Fall

For some reason, I am normally kind of bummed when summer ends. But this year is different. Maybe it's because I no longer have to start a new year of school (I suck at change). Maybe it's because the weather has been so harsh this summer. But for whatever reason, I am over summer. I need to move on to something new. And fall feels like the perfect thing to move into. This past weekend, we finally got some rain and cool temperatures, and it felt so amazing. So I figured I'd share my excitement for fall with you guys in hopes that it lifts your spirits a bit.

Reasons why I'm beyond ready for fall:

1. Fall clothing- scarfs, cozy sweaters, hats- you name it, I'm ready for it. I'm always so much more comfortable in tons of layers, especially since my office is always freezing no matter what time of year it is. There's something about snuggling up in some warm clothing that just comforts me.
2. Pumpkin spice goodness- ok this one is a given, but I always do get excited for the pumpkin explosion that occurs during fall in all grocery stores, farmers markets, and coffee shops.

3. Apple Picking/Apple Cider/Apple flavored anything- I love going out into the orchards for apple picking. There are plenty of nice, crisp days in the fall that are perfect for spending outside, and what's better than getting some fresh produce along with it? I'm also a huge fan of apple cider, so that is a perk of fall as well.

4. Leaves changing colors- it is always gorgeous when the trees are changing colors. It is the perfect change of scenery, especially when everything is yellow and brown from the lack of rain this year. I'm ready for some color to be back in my life.
 My silly pup blending in.

5. Football- GO BLUE! I'm not much of a NFL fan, but I do love to watch college football. My fiance went to Michigan, so every week during the fall we have to watch the game. Even if it sometimes means waking up at 9am to do it. There aren't many things that will get Dan out of bed at 9am on a Saturday, but Michigan football is one of them.
6. Our first Halloween with trick or treaters- I just realized that we will have trick or treaters this year! And we get to decorate! I'm not sure why this excites me so much, but it really does. I have even contemplated dressing our dog up in a costume this year. TBD on whether he will cooperate with this effort or not.


7. My best friend's wedding!!!!! The last weekend in September I'll be travelling back home for the wedding weekend festivities. I am beyond excited to spend some quality time with her and her family. She is awesome and already has a girls day planned with lunch and mani/pedis followed by a trip to the Italian American Festival (this wonderful festival our town puts on every year that is full of delicious food). Should be an amazing weekend all around!
8. Puppy snuggles- Scout has been extra snuggly lately! I know it's because he is just feeding off my body heat, but I still think it's cute to have my little guy snuggled up to me more often.
9. Enjoying time outside- this summer in Portland has been HOT. Tons of records were shattered. Here are some awful stats. Needless to say I'm ready for a change.


Hopefully some of my fall enthusiasm has rubbed off on you! 

No comments:

Post a Comment